Security Documents & Forms
Locks & Keys
The security staff strives to provide services to protect people, to protect property and to maintain order. We do this with a commitment to excellence and a respect for the dignity and rights of all individuals.
The security staff works in partnership with the entire college community to be proactive in crime prevention. Our goal is to provide quality professional services that will promote the best possible environment for the mission of the college
The Security Staff:
Sam McDonald - Chief of Security
Sidney Whitley - Asst. Chief of Security
For answers to questions or to express concerns feel free to contact any member of the Security staff at (214) 828-8335.
Security Services Available
- Access cards for the building and parking garage are issued by Security to all students, faculty and staff. Lost access cards are replaced for a $20 charge. Building keys are issued based on department head request. This does not include photo ID badges. The photo ID badges are provided through Media Resources.
- All incidents should be reported to security in a timely manner. We will provide information on SAFETY TIPS, CRIME STATISTICS and SECURITY ALERTS. (See each of these as a separate page.)
- A security officer will provide an escort for students, faculty or staff at anytime. We encourage all to use an escort to your car after hours.
- When a key is lost or combination is forgotten we will cut a lock. Be prepared for a challenge as to need.
- We will make available labs and other areas within the college based on existing procedures. Be prepared for a challenge as to need.
- We share this responsibilities with the Business Office. Keys, day planners and books are usually kept in the Security Office when found. Jewelry, wallets and other valuable may be forwarded to the Business Office.
- We will help with a dead battery or a flat tire. We do not unlock vehicles but will help locate a locksmith.
- We enforce THE BAYLOR COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY PARKING AND TRAFFIC REGULATIONS in a fair and uniform manner.