Office of Research & Graduate Studies
The mission of the Office of Research & Graduate Studies is to provide guidance and to support the development of resources for all faculty members and students at Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry to achieve the following goals:
- Outstanding residency programs for training dental specialists,
- Integrated education programs leading to a Master of Science and/or Ph.D. for dental clinician-scientists and dental hygienists who will be the future leaders in dental hygiene, dental and biomedical education and/or research,
- Outstanding programs of basic and clinical research that will expand the knowledge base underlying the etiology, progression, prevention and treatment of dental and craniofacial disorders, and
- Administration of all compliance matters related to the responsible conduct of research at BCD.
Graduate education programs at HSC-BCD seek to provide an educational experience that emphasizes the development of a strong basic science background coupled with advanced diagnostic and clinical competence. The goal is to develop a highly skilled specialist with the analytical, clinical and management abilities necessary to provide optimum oral health care and to produce a graduate who will have the ability to critically evaluate research literature, as well as have the inquiring attitude necessary to pursue advancement in the practice, research and/or teaching of specialized oral health care.
The office administratively coordinates all faculty and student research projects at HSC-BCD. Within the Associate Dean’s office is the Technology Development Office that aids faculty with inventions and interactions with industry. Intramural funding for research and research compliance matters are administered locally. Extramural funding for research is coordinated by the office for administration principally by the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies and the Texas A&M Research Foundation.
Contact the Office of Research and Graduate Studies:
- Graduate education programs, 214-828-8213
- Research programs, 214-828-8344
- Technology development, 214-828-8134