Office of Student Development Programs
Bridge to Dentistry
The Bridge to Dentistry program of the Office of Student Development at Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry introduces students of all ages to careers in dentistry.
Project Dental Awareness (PDA)
This program is designed to increase students’ awareness of dental health and dental careers through hands-on activities and presentations.
- On-site visits to targeted elementary schools for Pre-K through 3rd graders
- Field trips to HSC-Baylor College of Dentistry for 7th through 12th graders
(in Dallas-area schools)
- Future Dentist Club
- 4th through 5th graders in targeted schools only
- 6th through 12th graders in Dallas-area schools
Membership application deadline: October 29, 2010
Summer Pre-Dental Enrichment Programs (SPEP) for High School Students
These programs are designed to increase students' dental career awareness, pre-dental hand skills and study skills and/or preparation for admission to college.
- SPEP 10 is for rising 10th-grade students (current 9th graders)
- SPEP 11 is for rising 11th-grade students (current 10th graders)
- SPEP 12 is for rising 12th-grade students (current 11th graders)
Pre-College Summer Pre-Dental Enrichment Program (Pre-College SPEP)
This program is designed for high school seniors with an interest in dentistry. To participate in Pre-College SPEP, students must have been accepted into a college/university. The program increases students' awareness of dentistry and enhances their readiness for success in college.
Summer Pre-Dental Enrichment Program for College Students (SPEP-Collegiate)
This program is designed to increase students' competitiveness for admissions to dental school, strengthen their academic science background and prepare them to successfully take the DAT.